Saturday

Joi Lansing



A Stocking Vixen reader sent me the link for the YouTube video above which brought the very sexy and legtacular actress and singer Joi Lansing to my attention.

Even though she appeared in Easter Parade with Judy Garland, Orson Welles's Touch of Evil, I Love Lucy, and The Beverly Hillbillies, all films and televisions shows I've seen, I'd never heard of her, possibly because it seems more of her high-profile work was on television shows like Love that Bob that weren't still in syndication when I was was a little girl. She also, sadly, died of breast cancer at the very young age of 44, and stopped working in about 1970.

joi lansing legs nylons
I'm very glad for places like YouTube where people can still discover performers they haven't seen before or I would never have heard her wonderful singing or enjoyed the happy burlesque sexiness of the Silencer video. I wonder if the backup dancers had pruney fingers and toes by the end of that shoot, though.

Share/Save/Bookmark

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Please keep it clean, no spam and most of all have a stockingtacular good time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Real Time Web Analytics